Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, January 31, 2014

Review: The Magic Between Us by Tammy Falkner

I use Grammarly's free plagiarism check because the shadow game isn't as cute on you as it is on Michelle Tanner.

The Magic Between Us (Faerie, #3)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402268181
Pages: 322 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Paranormal
Series:  Faerie-1,2
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

When These Worlds Collide
Cecelia Hewitt has lived her whole life in the land of the fae, and she dreams of a future with her childhood sweetheart, Marcus Thorne. When Marcus is called upon to dwell in the human world, it means leaving Cecelia behind and breaking both their hearts...

More Than Sparks May Fly
Marcus was groomed for leadership in the land of the fae, but now that he has found his human parents, he will inherit his father's title and position in the British ton—and he will marry a human. As love and passion continue to burn between Cecelia and Marcus, the question remains: Can two people fated for different worlds find one to share?

 

My Review:

The first book in this series, A Lady and Her Magic , was a bit of a revelation for me. Fairy romances were never really a favorite of mine but I loved the way Tammy Falkner weaved her story and the chemistry her characters had. I was really looking forward to the sequel. It lived up to every single one of my expectations and more.

I absolutely loved Cecelia.  I tend to make more of a connection to heroes so I was quite surprised that I loved Cecilia so much. She was strong and spunky. I loved how she didn't let Marcus get away with leaving her easily. She didn't let him off the hook and, for that, I was very glad. Sometimes heroes tend to get away with more than they should. Marcus was a bit of a nodcock and I say that with the utmost affection. He was a nodcock in an adorable kind of way. It's a "you're behaving in a way that I don't approve of but I like you nonetheless" sort of disapproval. There were so many less hurtful ways that he could have chosen to leave Cecilia but he chose the way of most pain and suffering for the both of them. He was inept in a well-intentioned but badly executed way.

I loved The Magic Between Us maybe even a little bit more than A Lady and Her Magic. Marcus and Cecilia had this slightly angsty thing going. Especially in the beginning of the book. That opening scene is so gut-wrenching. They had a past together and they truly loved one another. They had to work through some things before they could be happy together. It was a well-rounded progression of a romance.I am also not generally a big fan of fairies in my reading. I had an irrational fear of Tinkerbelle as a child—something to do with her incredibly small size, immense power and her impervious cheerfulness. I do, however, love how Tammy Falkner wove fairy lore into this book. It's detailed and done in a completely new and interesting way. I can't wait for the next book. I hope Allen and Ainsley get a book next.


Chemistry Rating:

Overall:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio