Search Me!


Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review: One Rogue Too Many by Samantha Grace

One Rogue Too Many (Rival Rogues, #1)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402286589
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:  Rival Rogues
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


From the Betting Book at Brook's Gentleman's Club:
Wager: £2,000 that Lord Ellis will throw the first punch when he discovers Lord Throne is wooing a certain duke's sister.
All Bets Are Off When the Game is Love
Lady Gabrielle is thrilled when Anthony Keaton, earl of Ellis, asks for her hand in marriage. She's not so pleased when he then leaves the country and four months pass without a word. Clearly, the scoundrel has changed his mind and is too cowardly to tell her. There's nothing to do but go back on the marriage mart...
When Anthony returns to town and finds his ultimate rival has set sights on Gabby, his continual battle of one-upmanship with Sebastian Thorne ceases to be a game. Anthony is determined to win back the woman who holds his heart--but he's not expecting Gabby herself to up the stakes...


My Review:

Intro Babble: Samantha Grace is quickly becoming one of my favorites. She never fails to make it interesting. I think this one may be on my list of favorites because even though the heroine worked my nerves a little bit, I can still see myself coming back and rereading this one.

Heroine: Gabrielle- At first, I had trouble with Gabby. She played both Anthony and Sebastian against each other too often when I didn't think it was necessary. But towards the middle of the book, her reasons for this became more obvious and Anthony gave her every reason in their past to make her want it to be a little difficult for him.

Hero: Anthony-In some ways, he was the protypical “I don't want her until someone else does.” Or as I like to classify it—typical amn tomfoolery.. That is always very frustrating. I did like Anthony though. He was a good guy. Perhaps a bit wrong in his decisions in the past but still a good man. I do have to admit that I liked Sebastian quite a bit more. I lobe the rakes...I feel like I should apologize for that.

Chemistry: I am not a fan of the love triangle. It takes attention and some chemistry away from the main couple. But I did like how it was done here. I liked all three characters and did not feel as if the triangle with Sebastian took anything away from Gabby and Anthony.

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble: I absolutely love Samantha Grace's writing style. There is just something about it that appeals to me. The characters are always interesting, the dialogue is lively and the romance and story is always well-plotted. She's well on her way to becoming one of my favorites. This one was pretty excellent. The only thing is, I made more of a connection to Sebastian than I did to Anthony. I am prepared to beg for a book about Sebastian. I am and I am not even sorry. 

Update: I just looked it up and the next book is about Sebastian. Yes! Yes! YES!! It's called In Bed With a Rogue and it comes out in September 2014. *happy dancing*

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio