Search Me!


Friday, February 21, 2014

Feature & Follow Friday (February 21)

It's been a while since I have done one of these but the question for this week is perfect because I've cried over books this week--in public.

If you would like to follow, please click on the pretty picture at the top or on the little chicklet on the right sidebar. Thanks!

Reviews Posted This Week: 

What was the last book that made you cry?

I have two books that have made me cry—perhaps weep may be a better word---lately. One is an annual reread and the other is a favorite romance

Anne of Green GablesAnne of Green Gables-it wasn't even the scene that makes most people cry. It was the part where Matthew goes to buy Anne her dress with puffed sleeves and bumbles his way through it. I was just struck by his kindness and generosity and I just couldn't stop myself from bursting into tears. Mind you, I was reading on my Kobo in a doctor's office at the time. Matthew...all the feels...all of them.

Never a Gentleman (The Drake's Rakes, #2)Never a Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer-This book is...difficult. Not in a bad way but there are some scenes that just make your gut turn inside out. There is a scene towards the middle that would make anyone cry because you just feel so terrible for the heroine and you want to beat the hero up with a pipe and them stomp on his face for good measure...while crying of course because the heroine is awesome. 


  1. Anne of Green Gables is one of mine too, but I go for the obvious and have a good sniffle when Matthew dies! It's like losing my Pop all over again every time :-(

    1. PS. I love the look of your blog - beautiful picture.

  2. I'm listening to Anne of Green Gables on audiobook right now! It definitely makes me tear up.

    New Bloglovin follower.

    My FF

  3. I haven't read Anna Of Green Gables since I was a teenager but I remember what a lovely book it was. Haven't heard of the other book before though..... new GFC follower!

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

  4. I am going to have to read Never a Gentleman. I love historical romance that really leave you feeling it. Great choice.
    Already a GFC and Bloglovin follower

    My F&F

  5. Ya know, it's going to sound crazy but I've never read any of the Anne of Green Gables books, but after everything I've heard about them, I just might have to start! Great choices.

    New Bloglovin follower! :)
    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

  6. Anne of Green Gables. Ah! I loved those books. :)

    My FF.

    New Bloglovin follower!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio