Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: Between a Rake and a Hard Place by Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe

Between a Rake and a Hard Place (The Royal Rakes, #3)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402272464
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:  The Royal Rakes: 1,2
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

The Fate of England's Monarchy Is In The Hands of Three Notorious Rakes.

To prevent three royal dukes from marrying their way onto the throne, heroic, selfless agents for the crown will be dispatched...to seduce the dukes' intended brides. These wickedly debauched rakes will rumple sheets and cause a scandal. But they just might fall into their own trap...

After he's blamed for a botched assignment during war, former cavalry officer Rhys Warrick turns his back on "honor." He spends his nights in brothels doing his best to live down to the expectations of his disapproving family. But one last mission could restore the reputation he's so thoroughly sullied. All he has to do is seduce and ruin Miss Olivia Symon and his military record will be cleared. For a man with Rhys's reputation, ravishing the delectably innocent miss should be easy. But Olivia's honesty and bold curiosity stir more than Rhys's desire. Suddenly the heart he thought he left on the battlefield is about to surrender...

 

My Review:

Intro Babble: Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe have produced some of my favorite romances lately. The rakes are very rakey and the heroines are very relatable. It's a perfect combination.

Characters:

Heroine: Serena- I really liked her. She was smart, strong and very likable. She was so even keel. Nothing really shook her. And I absolutely loved that. She was realistic in the best way possible. I became quite protective of her and I really wasn't expecting that.

Hero: Jonah- His intentions were so very bad at the start. He lived up to the term "rake" especially in the beginning of the novel. It took a bit for me to really trust him but I do think he really did truly fall in love with Serena. But I was surprised at how hard it was for me to trust his intentions with a heroine I really like.

Chemistry: I did love them together. I really did, but still, it took me awhile to trust Jonah. It definitely stayed in the back of my mind that Jonah's intentions weren't the best to start. I did wish that Serena had given Jonah a more difficult time. I very rarely want the heroine to give the hero more of a hassle but I did here.

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble: Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe write books that I like. All of them. Without fail. I love how rakish the rakes are, how relatable the heroines are and how interesting the storylines are. The rakes are especially excellent. They have this "nice boy who is also quite naughty" thing going. They are never too well-behaved but are never egregiously naughty. I absolutely love this series and I can't wait for the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio