Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, March 10, 2014

Review: Must Love Dukes by Elizabeth Michels


Must Love Dukes (Tricks of the Ton, #1)

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 140228599X
Pages: 344 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:  Tricks of the Ton
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: AmazonAmazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

The Mad Duke leaned in closer, his lips gently brushing her ear, and whispered, "I dare you."

She Can't Resist the Dare

Lillian Phillips could not imagine how her quiet, simple life had come to this. Blackmailed by the Mad Duke of Thornwood into accepting one wild dare after another...all because of a pocket watch. Desperate to recover her beloved father's pawned timepiece, Lily did something reckless and dangerous and delicious—something that led to a night she'd never forget.

He has a Reputation for Scandal

When Devon Grey, Duke of Thornwood, runs into a mesmerizing, intoxicating, thieving woman who literally stole from his bedchamber—with his new pocket watch—Devon plots his revenge. If the daring wench likes to play games, he's happy to oblige. After all, what's the ruse of being the Mad Duke if you can't have some fun? But the last laugh might just be on him...

My Review:

Beginning Babble-Elizabeth Michels is a new to me author but I was already predisposed to loving her books because the cover to this one is absolutely beautiful. The plot also sounded great but I am shallow and the cover is awesome. I was very happy to find that the book lived up to its cover in every way.  

Characters


Heroine: Lily-I really loved Lily. She wasn’t perfect. She had her moments of being judgmental and stubborn. But her imperfections only served to make her more human and realistic. It balanced her out.


Hero: Devon-I loved him as well. He was a bit naughty and had a little bit of sneaky snake tendencies but I really did loved him. Again, his faults were perfectly balanced out with his better qualities. In Devon’s case he had a kindness and sweetness about him that I really appreciated. 

Chemistry-I loved Lily and Devon together. Lily had some points where she annoyed the life out of me though. I mean, you don’t agree to marry a complete nodcock because the man you really want to marry, who also wants to marry you by the way, because he has some business dealing with your evilpants brother. Never mind that Devon was in near financial ruin but yeah hold that grudge.

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble: I just love it when I come across a new author that I just love and want to own every single book by her. I feel that way about Elizabeth Michels and this book. Everything about it worked perfectly. The writing was perfect, the characters were almost perfect and the storyline was better than perfect. I highly recommend this book. So very highly.





1 comment:

  1. This review was hilarious. I loved it, and it loved this book also. You should check out Desperately Seeking Suzanna (E. Michels second book) it hit shelves last week. I really enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio