Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, March 3, 2014

Review: R is For Rebel by Megan Mulry

R Is for Rebel (Unruly Royals, #4)Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
ISBN: 1402270038
Pages: 334 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Series: Unruly Royals-1,2,3
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

Being royal isn't all it's cracked up to be...
Abigail Heyworth, youngest daughter of the 18th Duke of Northrop, is not your typical British royal—she'll take a recycling drive over a charity ball any day. She can't stand hats and heels. Abby's not getting much sympathy, of course, because everyone thinks the life of royalty is so charmed.
But to Abigail, keeping up appearances is unbearable, while running away doesn't seem to work either. Just when she feels like she's getting whiplash from swinging between flat-out rebellion to miserable capitulation, Abigail meets an all-American self-made millionaire who challenges her on every level.
It may turn out that what Abigail is searching for kind of resembles the American Dream...

My Review:

Ending Babble: I've been following this series.  The first book, A Royal Pain, was pretty epic for me. I loved it. The second book, If the Shoe Fits, was a bit “meh” for me. I was hoping that this series would rebound. And it did. In a big giant way.

Characters

Heroine: Abigail-She has been one of my favorite characters in this series since the start. The only issue when starting this book was in my mind, I knew her as a bisexual and I shipped her with Tully. It was a bit of an adjustment that I had to make to see her with anyone but Tully but once I did, it worked.

Hero: Eliot- He started off so well. He was sweet and a bit goofy and everything sweet and kind. But towards the middle of the book, I just ended up wanting to slap him really really hard—I won’t spoil. But thankfully, he rebounded from that. It was a rough go for a moment there though. Overall, he was probably my favorite hero in this series.

Chemistry-I was really surprised at how much I loved Abigail and Eliot.  Especially considering how much I loved her with Tully.  It's not easy divorcing yourself from a ship that you love.  But I did it.  Abigail and Eliot were also more angsty than I thought they would be.  They put me through some unexpected emotional trauma.  I may still be recovering. 

Chemistry Rating:   

Ending Babble: R is For Rebel has definitely rebounded the series for me.  I loved does about everything about it.  It's one of my favorite contemporary romance series. I love how lighthearted this series is but it can bring the drama at the right points. It’s perfectly balances. I can't wait to see where Megan Mulry goes with this series. This whole series is definitely highly recommended.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio