Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, April 28, 2014

Review: Ariel's Song by Evie Knight

Ariel's Song (In Bed with the Enemy, #1)Publisher: Evernight Publishing
ISBN:9781771306157
Pages: 206 pages
 Genre: Romance/Contemporary
 Series: In Bed with the Enemy 
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, ARE

Summary:

Colin Hoskins, famous classical violinist, is tainted by his past. Angry at life, unable to move beyond the betrayal of his dead fiancé, he’s sworn off performing or falling in love ever again. All Colin wants is to be left alone, except no one listens. Especially the pretty little assistant he can’t fire and his body burns to claim.

Stranded in a foreign country, bankrupted heiress Ariel Parks needs a job to fund her way home. Assistant of sorts to the musician she’s fantasized about for years sounds like a dream job. She never imagined the gorgeous genius would be a reclusive beast. But the real problem is the way every nerve in her body tingles at the mention of his name.

My Review:

Intro Babble: I have been trying to post this review all day. My internet keeps dying and me being the behind the times person I am does not have a smart phone. I did, however, really enjoy Ariel's Song.

Characters:

Heroine: Ariel-I liked her in that way I like all people who confuse me—I try obsessively to figure them out and then when I do, I make my judgements. Once I did figure Ariel out, I decided that I liked her a lot. There is a lot of realism about her. She has her faults and she owns up to them. It was easy to like her based on that alone.

Hero: Colin-It was so nice to see a bad boy musician type hero who was not in a rock band. I did want to smack him for the majority of the beginning of the book. He doesn't treat Ariel very nicely at all at the start but I gradually began to warm up to him.

Chemistry: Like I said about Colin, he started out badly. He wasn't at all nice to Ariel. It took me a while to even approach accepting them as a couple because of that. But once I did, I really began to like them together. Ariel brings out a somewhat softer side to Colin and they worked really well together.

Chemistry Rating:


Ending Babble: I must confess that I read this book twice. Once about an hour after I received the book and second when my internet went kerplunk for the millionth time while writing this review. I really enjoyed Ariel's Song both times I read it. The writing was excellent and the development of Ariel and Colin's relationship was great and chock full of angsty goodness. I do kind of wish the book was longer...but that's just me. I breeze through a 200 page book in 45 minutes. I was without the internet for 2hrs.

2 comments:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio