Search Me!


Thursday, April 17, 2014

Review: The Right Side of Mr Wrong by Jane Linfoot

The Right Side of Mr WrongPublisher: HarperImpulse
Pages: 208 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


One-off, moving on sex, wasn’t meant to be this hot…

When determined singleton Shea Summers is persuaded to become the “wife” of the Lord of Edgerton Manor, the last thing she wants to do is play house with a stranger.

Brooding playboy Brando Marshall is far from happy when Shea turns up at his sprawling estate with production crew in tow. Surely she’s just another woman after his wallet? And if she’s looking for Mr Right, she’s definitely hitting on the wrong guy. Then again, after catching an unscheduled glimpse of her knickers, perhaps Brando needs to teach this “gold-digger” a lesson!

She’s seizing the moment, he’s breaking the rules, and when bad boys can be so much fun, who can resist getting on the right side of Mr. Wrong…

My Review:

Intro Babble: The first thing I noticed about this book was the cover. Those shoes! Completely superficial but I would buy the book just to gaze at those shoes. The storyline also seemed quite interesting even if the idea of reality TV gives me the creeps.


Heroine: Shea-I was delightfully surprised by Shea. She was less vapid than I thought she would be. Actually, she was extremely likable. She was interesting and, for such a short book, I think I really got to know her well.

Hero: Brando-I can't help it but his name is Brando. So when I think of him, I see Marlon Brando from On the Waterfront in my mind. I don't think there is a better image when thinking of a hero. Maybe Guys and Dolls Brando...? He also had a bit of the Darcy complex which just added to his awesome.

Chemistry: I loved Shea and Brando together. The have this really electric chemistry. I loved that it was Brando who was a bit wary of Shea. I am so used to seeing the heroine be the cautious one. I was really surprised at how much depth of emotion Linfoot was able to cram into Shea and Brando's story given the book is not all that long.

Chemistry Rating

Ending Babble: I really enjoyed this one. I think I enjoyed it so much because it was so focused on the romance and the main couple. There were no extraneous plots. The book was zoned in on Shea and Brando. It gave a great depth of emotion to their story that I really enjoyed. The reality show bit was a tad troublesome for me at the start but it's not a huge part of the story and I actually found that it worked well in the story.

P.S. I really don't like reality TV, if you can't tell by this review, but I loved this book :)


  1. Grace, thanks so much for having me on your blog. It's a BEAUTIFUL place... I might just like to come and live here. Thanks too for a FAB review - it's AWESOME when a reviewer writes a wonderful review like this, and has so got the book xx



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio