Search Me!


Monday, June 2, 2014

Review: Rev by J.C. Emery

Rev (Bayonet Scars, #3)Publisher: Left Break Press
ISBN: 0692223398
Pages: 360 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Motorcycle Club
Series:  Bayonet Scars-1,2
 Buy this Book: Amazon, Barnes and Noble


Everyone belongs somewhere. Even the misfits.

With the looming threat from the Mancuso Crime Family, the Forsaken Motorcycle Club is preparing for a war that could destroy them. Grady, the club’s Sergeant-at-Arms, knows that love makes you weak, and he has zero interest in adding to his liabilities– especially now. He’s already got his teenage daughter who keeps him on his toes and a beef within the club that could fracture his relationship with a fellow brother for good.

For Holly Mercer, her life is finally getting on track and the last thing she wants is trouble from her hometown’s resident outlaws. Keeping her nose clean is easier said than done, when suddenly she finds herself embroiled in club business. Holly might like the idea of being with a real-life bad boy, but even being in the same room with tough-as-nails Grady flusters her.

When Holly inadvertently finds herself on Mancuso’s radar, she has two choices: trust that Grady will protect her, or continue to refuse the club’s help. Both roads are dangerous, but only one has the chance to damage her beyond repair.

Love is never more dangerous than when it can destroy you.

My Review:

Intro Babble: I have become a bit obsessed with motorcycle club romances lately. Both my Mother and I. We've been devouring these series lately and I will be purchasing this series for my Mom's Kobo because she'll love it.


Heroine: Holly-I have to admit that I had to acclimate to Holly. I did. I had trouble making a connection to her but she really grew on me. She was strong and brave and was a perfect match for the strong personality that is Grady.

Hero: Grady-I don't think it's possible for me to find a motorcycle club hero that I don't love. But Grady is on the tippy top of the list. He's a good father and a nice guy but he's also a bad ass biker. He's as rough around the edges as you would expect but it was balanced out with some nice dude tendencies.

Chemistry- I initially had trouble because Holly was a bit troublesome for me. But she did grow on me and they did develop some amazing chemistry. Just like Grady himself, together they are a bit rough around the edges but they do work so well together.

Chemistry Rating: 

Ending Babble: I don't normally go for books with a mafia storyline...ever. But I am making an exception for this one. I just love everything about this book. It's the prefect mix of biker grit and romance. There is a bit of pretty heavy violence towards the end but for the most part, it's not that bad. I will definitely be continuing on with this series and I am getting this series for my Mom. She'll adore them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio