Search Me!


Friday, July 11, 2014

Review: Behind the Scandal by M.A. Stacie

Behind the Scandal (Reluctance, #2)Publisher: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing
ISBN: 1612132588
Pages: 202 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Series: Reluctance-1
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


Sent to the family ranch to overcome his addiction, Taylor Reese is angry and hurt. Feeling rejected by his father and brother, Taylor throws himself into ranch life to help him forget. But it isn’t long before it hits him hard how much his life has spiraled out of control, leaving him floundering and looking for a lifeline.

Libby Karlin is cautious, wary of Taylor’s presence. Her dark past makes her reluctant to let anyone near her family. But after Taylor strikes up a friendship with her son, Libby finds herself drawn to the sadness within him. His experiences are no secret to her, though she keeps her own buried until a knock on her door has her gasping for breath.

Could dealing with their pasts really give them a future?

My Review:

Intro: I very rarely find a middle ground between love and hate with books. Either I love a book or I hate it. Behind the Scandal is the rare one that walks the line between love and hate and settles comfortably in the land of like. Perhaps like a lot.


Heroine: Libby- This is one of the odd cases where I really liked the heroine but had iffy feelings about the hero. Libby was strong and smart and a great mom. She had a good head on her shoulders and I just really liked her.

Hero: Taylor-I had trouble with him for much of the book. He was obnoxious. He was just an abrasive character. His life wasn't the easiest but it came off as a bit of a fit being thrown. He did change quite a bit but he started out quite badly.

Chemistry: I actually had a bit of trouble deciding what I felt about the chemistry between Libby and Taylor. I am accustomed to being a bit iffy about some heroines but I usually like heroes. It was the complete opposite with this one. I did like that it was Libby's influence upon Taylor that changed him.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: This book was a middle of the road book for me. I liked it. I did. But it just didn't get to that love place. I did really love M.A. Stacie's writing style so I will definitely read the first book in the series to see if I missed something. I'll probably pick this one up again to see if I can tolerate Taylor in a easier fashion if I know more about him.  
Overall Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio