Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Review: Dare to Surrender by Carly Phillips

Dare to Surrender (Dare to Love, #3)Publisher:CP Publishing
ISBN: 0989982416
Pages: 230 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Series: Dare to Love-1,2 Invitation to Eden
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

After ending a relationship to a cheating, domineering man, Isabelle Masters takes off in her leased Mercedes, only to be arrested for grand theft and hauled to a local police station. To her surprise, she is rescued by the most unlikely person possible, Gabriel Dare, a man she’s been attracted to for far too long. Gabe offers Isabelle freedom along with an invitation to Eden, an exclusive island resort where everything and anything is possible.

Although Gabe yearns to possess Isabelle, he knows all too well he must fight his primitive need to bind her to him, and instead help bring out the independent woman she yearns to become – or risk losing her for good.

A woman who needs to run her own life. A man who needs to exert control. Can she surrender to his erotic demands without losing her sense of self once more?

My Review:

Intro: This week has been weird. Adjusting to a new dog is not the easiest. But he's adorable and sweet and perfect in every possible way. It has cut into my reading time though. I did manage to finish this one.

Heroine: Isabelle-I did not have much of a problem with her at all. In fact, I quite liked Isabelle. She did come off as a bit indecisive at times but she was pretty great for the most part. She had a very admirable strength to her.

Hero: Gabriel- I LOVED GABE!!! I don't do the all caps squeal very often but I was on the verge of a fangirl swoon with this one. Very few people can write a hero like Carly Phillips. He was very Darcy-like. Kind of aloof and close off but with an innate kindness.

Chemistry- I don't think I could dislike a romance with Gabe in it. I just loved how protective he was over Izzy. I also loved how they knew each other before and were attracted to each other. Their history together made it more interesting for me.

Chemistry Rating-


Conclusion-I loved this book and I love Carly Phillips. My mother is a big, huge fan of her books so I am going to buy this one for her so we can fangirl over Gabe together. This was just the perfect book with just the right mix of romance and a touch of angsty goodness.  
Overall Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio