Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, October 20, 2014

Review: Beyond Coincidence by Jacquie Underdown

Beyond CoincidencePublisher: Escape Publishing
ISBN: 9780857991843
Pages: 220 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Paranormal
Buy this Book: Amazon, Kobo, Nook

Summary:

Mixing romance, history, and a touch of the unexplained in a new novel from Jacquie Underdown about love that needs to cross oceans and time before finding a place to come true.

In 2008, 250 Australian and British soldiers are uncovered in a mass grave in Fromelles, France, lost since the Great War. One soldier, bearing wounds of war so deep it scarred his soul, cannot be laid to rest just yet.

When Lucy bumps into the achingly sad soldier during a trip to France, she doesn’t, at first glance, realise what he is – a ghost who desperately needs her help. Lucy can’t turn away from someone who needs her, even someone non-corporeal, and they travel back together to Australia in search of answers and, hopefully, some peace.

This chance meeting and unexplainable relationship sets into motion a chain-reaction of delicate coincidences that affect the intertwined lives of family, friends, and lovers in unexpected, beautiful ways.

My Review:

Intro: I must begin by stating how much I loved this book. It took me a while to get to but once I started reading, I absolutely loved it.

Characters:

Heroine: Lucy-I really liked Lucy. She was strong and smart but still vulnerable. It was easy to make a connection to her. I loved how willing she was to help a ghost. Most people would just brush an encounter with a ghost off but she didn’t.

Hero: Nate-He started off badly. I mean, very very badly. And usually, I like it when they start out badly. But he grew on me. I loved his progression in the book. He started out so badly but he grew into such a memorable hero. 

Chemistry: I think what really drew me into Lucy and Nate’s love story was Freddy, the ghost. He sort of played matchmaker which I just found adorable. They would never have met if they were not helping Freddy. I did love Lucy and Nate together. Their personalities mesh perfectly. They were sweet together but still with a bit of drama added in there.

Chemistry Rating:


Conclusion-I loved this book. I loved Lucy and Nate. I shipped them from the moment they met—yes, I love messy beginnings. I even loved the paranormal aspect and I usually don’t. Freddy was one of the highlights of the book for me. It could have been quite cheesy but it wasn’t. 

Overall Rating


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much! Thanks for being a part of the tour!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio