Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Review: Tall, Dark and Royal by Vanessa Kelly

Tall, Dark and Royal (The Renedage Royals, #2.5)Publisher: Kensington
Pages: 101 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical
Buy this Book: Amazon | Barnes |iTunes |Kobo

Summary:

He's the man behind the mission to track down the illegitimate children of England's Royal Princes and help them get their due. But his deepest desire is far more personal… Magnificent and stubborn.

Fourteen years apart had not changed Chloe Steele, or Dominic Hunter's love for her. He'd been a street urchin, a boy raised at court, and finally a magistrate, yet he'd never belonged anywhere--except by her side. Now Chloe devoted herself to girls threatened by scandal--like she had been. But she was in danger, and Dominic was determined to help--and hopefully make up for lost time…

Even in childhood, Dominic had made Chloe feel safe. Now she also felt thrillingly flustered by the powerful man he'd become, and by the longing he inspired. Because Dominic meant not only to protect her, but to untangle the lies that had separated them. Yet for Chloe, surrendering to temptation may be easier than risking a future that could ruin them both…


My Review:

Intro: There are some books that you pick up and they make you squee like a rabid fangirl. This was one of them for me. I loved Tall, Dark and Royal. So much.

Characters:

Heroine: Chloe-I loved Chloe. She just had this compelling strength about her. She didn’t have it easy but she never let it get her down and she survived. It was impossible not to like her.

Hero: Dominic-It was impossible for me not to fall in love with Dominic. He was such a great hero. Strong and protective of Chloe with a very interesting story of his own. I love how attached he was to Chloe.

Chemistry: This was a different kind of chemistry—more layered and complex. Chloe and Dominic had a connection before the novella started—that I missed because I haven’t read the previous books—and they have been separated. I also love that they were a bit older. It gave the story a depth and maturity that I really enjoyed.

Chemistry Rating:


Conclusion: I really liked this novella quite a bit. Chloe and Dominic had some amazing chemistry and their connection was truly fantastic. I normally worry with novellas if I will be able to get into the romance but that was not a problem here at all. I definitely have to catch up with this series in a big way. 
Overall Rating


Author Info
Vanessa Kelly is an award-winning author who was named by Booklist, the review journal of the American Library Association, as one of the “New Stars of Historical Romance.”  Her Regency-set historical romances have been nominated for awards in a number of contests, and her second book, Sex and The Single Earl, won the prestigious Maggie Medallion for Best Historical Romance.  Her current series, The Renegade Royals is a national bestseller.  Vanessa also writes USA Today bestselling contemporary romance with her husband, under the pen name of VK Sykes.

Author Links: Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Goodreads:  
http://bit.ly/1vCc1Zs

a Rafflecopter giveaway



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me today - so thrilled you enjoyed the novella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED THE NOVELLA, TOO! I ALSO LEFT MY THOUGHTS ON MY GOOGLE PLUS PAGE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read one of her books from this series, and really loved it...such a unique voice. I definitely can't wait to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio