Search Me!


Friday, December 12, 2014

Review: Corrupting Cinderella by Autumn Jones Lake

Corrupting Cinderella (Lost Kings MC, #2)Publisher: self
Pages: 266 pages
Genre:  Romance/Contemporary/MC
Buy this Book: Amazon | Barnes | Kobo


Can a lawyer and a criminal maintain an enduring romantic relationship?

Although Hope and Rock care deeply for one another, the truth is they come from completely different worlds. Add to that the fact that they are also both headstrong people, and they have a very rough road ahead of them.

For Rock that means introducing Hope to what it really means to be part of his brutal and shady world, where the Lost Kings Motorcycle Club is his main focus. For Hope it means accepting the things she can’t change, and understanding that Rock is a man who will do anything to keep her safe.

As Rock continues to draw Hope deeper into his world, painful misunderstandings and opposition from the members of his club will threaten to drive them apart.

My Review:

Intro: I’ve been sick for the past week. I managed to acquire an illness that not only includes sickly coldish feelings but also a stomach sick component that is truly special. I am now just beginning to feel a bit better. Also my Rottweiler may or may not have destroyed my e-reader. It was an unintentional thing. He’s apologized and all is well. I ended up buying a Kindle Voyage to replace my beloved Kobo Aura.

I did end up loving this book so much. It was one of the things that made me feel better while I was sick. I am a huge fan of motorcycle club romances and this one was great. I did make the mistake of reading it after I watched the Sons of Anarchy finale though.


Heroine: Hope-She was the perfect heroine for this type of book. She was smart, strong and scrappy. I love how she made an effort to understand the quite challenging lifestyle that Rock leads. And I was also happy that she didn’t lose herself to it.

Hero: Rock-Oh dear. He was…perfect. He was a sweetie pie but still kept the alpha traits that I love in a MC hero. I love how sweet he is with Hope and how protective he is of her.

Chemistry: Hope and Rock were amazing together. They didn’t seem on first glance as if they would work well together but oh dear did they. They were sweet with a bit of an edge.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: So this here is another series and author that I need to follow. I loved this book. Hope and Rock were excellent but so were the secondary characters—I can’t wait to read the other boys’ books. I am off to read Slow Burn now and I will be following this series.  

Overall Rating

Author Info
As an only child, Autumn kept herself entertained by making up all sorts of stories. For a long time, life and school dimmed her enthusiasm for creative writing. But as soon as she rediscovered her love of storytelling, she put her fingers to the keyboard and hasn’t looked back.
Her favorite books to read are mystery, thrillers, horror, romance, erotica and urban fantasy. Her favorite thing to write is romance. All of her stories have to include a hunky hero and an optimistic ending.
When she’s not writing, Autumn spends time listening to music, going to concerts, and driving her family nuts. She enjoys reading, gardening, acting, and collecting nail polish. (Her husband says she shouldn’t be allowed to include gardening in her list of hobbies, because she makes him do all the work, but that’s not relevant.)
Autumn lives in Upstate New York with her husband and their three rescue dogs. She is actively involved with several dog rescue groups and her local RWA chapter.

Author Links:  Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

a Rafflecopter giveaway


  1. Thank you for hosting CORRUPTING CINDERELLA!

  2. This one sounds fantastic!!! I love MC Romances, and this one sounds like something I would really enjoy.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio