Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Review: Her Winning Formula by Shannyn Schroeder

Her Winning Formula (Hot & Nerdy, #3)Publisher: Kensington
Pages: 98 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Buy this Book: Amazon | Barnes | iTunes

Summary:

Spring break was supposed to be a last blast of fun for three friends before the reality of adulthood set in. But for the trio’s science whiz, it’s an education in instant attraction… 


Chemistry major Felicity Stone can tell you everything about the way chemicals interact, but when it comes to social interaction, she needs schooling. Abandoned by her friends, Felicity is faced with spending spring break alone—unless she accepts a gorgeous stranger’s invitation to pose as his girlfriend at a family wedding. Not one to turn down a research opportunity, Felicity never expected it to produce such breathtaking results…

Teacher and baseball coach Lucas Tanner is fascinated by Felicity’s potent mix of spirit and scientist, not to mention her delicious curves. When Felicity asks him to return the favor by teaching her how to pick up guys, he can’t refuse—but he’s not at all happy with the idea of her using a formula for flirting on anyone but him. Can he convince her that together they have the perfect chemistry?


My Review:

Intro: The holiday weekend was busy. I had three separate Thanksgiving dinners. Different days but still three. So I am all holidayed out. I did, luckily, have the chance to read Her Winning Formula. And it was the perfect distraction in the midst of all the turkey.

Characters:

Heroine: Felicity-I loved her. She was as socially awkward as I was feeling as I was reading the book. She had no filter and I absolutely loved that. She said what she thought and I found that refreshing.

Hero: Lucas-He was just such a nice guy. I have been inundated with nice guy heroes lately and I am not at all upset about it. Lucas was just such a sweetie. I love how he is with Felicity. He just understands all of her quirks immediately.

Chemistry: These two were so perfect together. And, perhaps, on paper they shouldn’t have worked. But they did. Lucas just understands Felicity and guides her through her quirks.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: I have really loved this series. The characters and storylines are so engaging and I have a huge weakness for nerds. I will definitely be reading more of  Shannyn Schroeder’s books.


Overall Rating


Author Info
Shannyn Schroeder is the author of the O’Leary series, contemporary romances centered around a large Irish-American family in Chicago and the new Hot & Nerdy series about 3 nerdy friends and their last spring break. When she’s not wrangling her three kids or writing, she watches a ton of TV and loves to bake cookies.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio