Search Me!


Thursday, December 18, 2014

Review: Once Upon a Highland Christmas by Lecia Cornwall

Once Upon a Highland Christmas (Once Upon a Highland Season, #3)Publisher: Avon Impulse
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical
Buy this Book: Amazon | Barnes | iTunes


Lady Alanna McNabb is bound by duty to her family, who insist she must marry a gentleman of wealth and title. When she meets the man of her dreams, she knows it's much too late, but her heart is no longer hers.

Laird Iain MacGillivray is on his way to propose to another woman when he discovers Alanna half-frozen in the snow and barely alive. She isn't his to love, yet she's everything he's ever wanted.

As Christmas comes closer, the snow thickens, and the magic grows stronger. Alanna and Iain must choose between desire and duty, love and obligation.

But it's Christmas in the Highlands, and there are bound to be a few surprises.

My Review:

Intro: Lecia Cornwall made her way into my favorite authors list with How to Deceive a Duke and she has continued to write books that I love since then. I very rarely give out cupcake ratings to authors twice in a row and I did with How to Deceive a Duke and What a Lady Most Desires. And I loved this one just as much.


Heroine: Alanna-Alanna was such a great heroine. She was strong and kind. I loved that she was willing to do her duty to her family even though she did not want to. She was definitely more of the quieter kind of heroine which I really loved.

Hero: Iain-I was surprised by how much I loved him. He was also the quiet sort of hero. Strong and protective with a strong allegiance to duty. I did spend much of the book wanting to curb-stomp Penelope, the woman he had to propose to.

Chemistry: I am a big huge fan of Alanna and Iain. They are not the most boisterous or dramatic characters but they exhibited some of the most amazing chemistry I have come across in a long time. I also loved the whole third part Penelope problem. And she was a problem. An obnoxious one.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: I loved this book in the way that I love most of my favorite romances. I could easily finish reading the book and quite happily turn right back to the beginning again. It was that good. Lecia Cornwall is most definitely one of my favorites and this book is pretty high on the list of my favorites of hers. 
Overall Rating

Author Info
Lecia Cornwall lives and writes in Calgary, Canada, amid the beautiful foothills of the Canadian Rockies, with four cats, two teenagers, a crazy chocolate Lab, and one very patient husband. She is hard at work on her next book.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

a Rafflecopter giveaway


  1. Oh I just love this author and I just can't wait to read this one. The previous books in the series are wonderful. Wonderful review!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio