Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Review: Tempting Mr. Weatherstone by Vivienne Lorret

Tempting Mr. Weatherstone (Wallflower Weddings, #0.5)Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 0062387251
Pages: 96 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Buy this Book: Amazon | B&N | iTunes

Summary:

Penelope Rutledge longs for passion, but only with the man of her dreams: the brilliant, dashing Ethan Weatherstone. If only her longtime neighbor would open his eyes and realize how much she loves him. If only they weren’t best friends with so much at stake. Penelope knows her future - and their friendship - is in her hands, but is she willing to take the biggest risk of all on the man she loves?

If it were up to Ethan, life and love would be as predictable as the figures in his ledgers - certainly nothing like the adventures Penelope longs for. Yet his childhood friend has grown into a beautiful, feisty woman blissfully unaware of the danger she causes when near. Ethan knows he must save Penelope-and her reputation...but can he save himself from the temptation of her lips?

My Review:

Intro: A friends to lovers romance is one kick in the pants I did not need but really loved oh so very much. This one was so amazing even though it was a novella and I usually like my romances long and drawn out.

Characters:

Heroine: Penelope-I loved her. She’s loved Ethan since they were children and he just sees her as a friend. I love that she wasn’t just willing to sit and pine over him but decides to leave and do her own thing instead of waiting. She didn’t just mope about and she didn’t whine about it. She was awesome.

Hero: Ethan-I have to admit that I kind of wanted to smack him. You could tell he had feelings for Penelope but he was content just to let them stay in their same old situation. I did like him. Quite a bit. He was the perfect hero if you like the more controlled sort.

Chemistry-Oh dear were they just lovely together. Ethan was so reluctant to change his relationship with Penelope and Penelope was so in love with him. It was both painful and adorable at the same time. I just wish he had made it clearer to Penelope how he felt about her.

Chemistry Rating:


Conclusion: I do love a good novella but there are times that I wish that a couple in a novella had been given a full length novel. This is one of those times. But I am not going to down rate this novella because of that. I loved this book so much. Vivienne Lorret is quickly becoming one of my favorites. 
Overall Rating


Author Info
I fell in love with fairy tales and the romance behind happily ever after at a very young age. Like a lot of you, I tweaked the fables bit by bit in my imagination until they suited me perfectly. By the time I was eleven, a teacher encouraged me to start writing.
Throughout the years that followed, my teachers remained my most fervent supporters, giving me the tools I needed to continue my journey as a writer.
My husband and I have two teenage boys, who are heroes in their own right. For now, we live in a small Midwestern town near Lake Michigan…until a time in the future when a new adventure calls us to other shores.
I am currently working on my next novel, but I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to email me at vivienne@vivlorret.net

Author Links:  Website | Facebook | Twitter

a Rafflecopter giveaway


2 comments:

  1. I liked this review...short and to the point. From the excerpt and blurbs I've read, I like Penelope as well. She's a no-nonsense, gutsy lady. My type. And I, too, have wanted to smack Ethan upside the head because of his "control." Geez, Louise. Lighten up, Ethan! Thanks for the post. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio