Search Me!


Friday, January 9, 2015

Review: Return to Clan Sinclair by Karen Ranney

Return to Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #3.5)Publisher: Avon Impulse
ISBN: 0062337459
Pages: 150 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Highlander
Buy this Book: Amazon | B&N | iTunes


The stunning follow-up novella in New York Times bestselling author Karen Ranney’s beloved Clan Sinclair series.

It’s true love in the Scottish highlands. When Ceana Sinclair Mead married the youngest son of an Irish duke, she never dreamed that seven years later her beloved Peter would die. Her three brothers-in-law thought she should be grateful to remain a proper widow. After three years of this, she’s ready to scream. She escapes to Scotland, only to discover she’s so much more than just the Widow Mead.

In Scotland, Ceana crosses paths with Bruce Preston, an American tasked with a dangerous mission by her brother, Macrath. Bruce is too attractive for her peace of mind, but she still finds him fascinating. Their one night together is more wonderful than Ceana could have imagined and she has never felt more alive.

But when the past reaches out in the form of an old foe, Ceana’s life is in danger. Now Bruce fights to become her savior-and more-if she’ll let him.

My Review:

Intro: I took a bit of a break from blogging during the holiday. My family tends to be pretty crazy busy during the holiday with all of the cooking and family flooding the house and such so I figured that would be a perfect time to take a bit of a breather. And then I got an Xbox for Christmas and got majorly distracted by Assassin’s Creed because I am a nerd. I did manage to read Return to Clan Sinclair though and I liked it quite a bit.

Heroine: Ceana-I am not opposed to novellas but sometimes when I read a novella I encounter a character that I wish had gotten the full book treatment. This is true about both Ceana and Bruce. But still, I loved Ceana. She was a compelling heroine with a strong voice.

Hero: Bruce-I loved him so much. He initially comes across as so shallow. I wondered if I was going to be able to find any depth to his character at all. But his backstory is tragic and heartbreaking and…I just loved him.

Chemistry: These two were so utterly perfect for each other in a completely mismatched kind of way. In no universe, would I think that Bruce and Ceana would be good together but they were so perfect. They were the complete opposites but it worked.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: I really enjoyed this one. It was a great book to end my self-imposed hiatus on and I really need to catch up with this series. I’m a bit behind. I am hoping and praying for a book about Carlton though.

Overall Rating

Author Info
Karen Ranney began writing when she was five. Her first published work was The Maple Leaf, read over the school intercom when she was in the first grade. In addition to wanting to be a violinist (her parents had a special violin crafted for her when she was seven), she wanted to be a lawyer, a teacher, and, most of all, a writer. Though the violin was discarded early, she still admits to a fascination with the law, and she volunteers as a teacher whenever needed. Writing, however, has remained the overwhelming love of her life.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter

a Rafflecopter giveaway


  1. Thank you for hosting today! Happy Friday!

  2. Wonderful review you have here. I just love what Ranney has done with this series, and she just does great with highlander romances, but I really loved the set up. I can't wait for her next book. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio