Search Me!


Thursday, February 5, 2015

Review: In Your Wildest Scottish Dreams by Karen Ranney

In Your Wildest Scottish DreamsPublisher: Avon
ISBN: 0062337475
 Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical
Buy this Book: Amazon | B&N | iTunes


New York Times bestselling author Karen Ranney's first novel in a brand-new series spins the intriguing story of a beautiful widow and a devilishly handsome shipbuilder...

Seven years have passed since Glynis MacIain made the foolish mistake of declaring her love to Lennox Cameron, only to have him stare at her dumbfounded. Heartbroken, she accepted the proposal of a diplomat and moved to America, where she played the role of a dutiful wife among Washington's elite. Now a widow, Glynis is back in Scotland. Though Lennox can still unravel her with just one glance, Glynis is no longer the naïve girl Lennox knew and vows to resist him.

With the American Civil War raging, shipbuilder Lennox Cameron must complete a sleek new blockade runner for the Confederate Navy. He cannot afford any distractions, especially the one woman he's always loved. Glynis's cool demeanor tempts him to prove to her what a terrible mistake she made seven years ago.

As the war casts its long shadow across the ocean, will a secret from Glynis's past destroy any chance for a future between the two star-crossed lovers?

My Review:

Intro:  I know it’s very early in the year but I think this one will be pretty high on my favorite reads of the year. Karen Ranney very rarely writes a book that I don’t love but I adored this one. It’s on the Never a Gentleman and Dreaming of You (my favorite romances) level.


Heroine: Glynis-I really loved Glynis. Her story with Lennox is so painful and heartbreaking. But she was such a strong heroine. I also loved that she gave Lennox a bit of the cold shoulder. She was hurt and she didn’t let it go easily.

Hero: Lennox-I started out kind of mad at Lennox because I was so sympathetic to Glynis but Lennox did not do what he did maliciously. He just kind of blundered into hurting Glynis. I like how he never really gave up on Glynis even though she gave him the epic cold shoulder.

Chemistry: Second chance at love is my favorite romance trope. It’s very rarely a disappointment in terms of angsty goodness. And it definitely wasn’t her. I felt for both Glynis and Lennox. Glynis because she was so hurt by Lennox and got married to a dunderhead for all the wrong reasons and Lennox because he didn’t really intend to hurt Glynis and really did love her.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: I love love loved this one so much. It was one of those that I sat up all night and read straight through. I don’t do that often anymore. I loved the second chance at love storyline and the unique way it was done and I just adored both Lennox and Glynis. 

Overall Rating

Author Info
Karen Ranney began writing when she was five. Her first published work was The Maple Leaf, read over the school intercom when she was in the first grade. In addition to wanting to be a violinist (her parents had a special violin crafted for her when she was seven), she wanted to be a lawyer, a teacher, and, most of all, a writer. Though the violin was discarded early, she still admits to a fascination with the law, and she volunteers as a teacher whenever needed. Writing, however, has remained the overwhelming love of her life.

Author Links:  Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

a Rafflecopter giveaway


  1. Thank you for hosting today! Great Review, I guess I will have to grab me a copy of this one!!

  2. I, too, enjoy second chance romances (I'm the beneficiary of a second chance romance myself). So that's another reason why I want to read this book asap! Besides that, I love Karen's books. Period. :-)



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio