Search Me!


Friday, February 27, 2015

Review: When Good Earls Go Bad by Megan Frampton

When Good Earls Go Bad: A Victorian Valentine's Day NovellaPublisher: Avon
 ISBN: 0062380303
 Pages: 208 pages
 Genre: Romance/Historical
Buy this Book: Amazon | Barnes |
 iTunes | Kobo


Megan Frampton’s Dukes Behaving Badly series is back, though this time it’s an earl who’s meeting his match in this delightfully fun and sexy novella!

What’s a lovely young woman doing asleep in his bed? Matthew, Earl of Selkirk, is shocked to discover it’s his new housekeeper! She’s a far cry from the gray-haired woman he expected. Matthew is no fan of surprises, and Annabelle Tyne is pure temptation. Perhaps he shouldn’t have had her hired sight unseen.

Annabelle, co-owner of the Quality Employment Agency, is no housekeeper, but she wasn’t about to lose a potential client simply because there was no one to fit the bill. Imagine her shock when the Earl arrives at his London townhome and she’s awoken in the night by the most attractive man she’s ever seen.

Matthew is a man who lives life by the rules, but sometimes rules are made to be broken…and being bad can be very, very good.

My Review:

Intro: Oddly enough, I am still sick. Not in the overtly sick way but in a marginally sick way where everything seems sleepy and slower. I am also tragically behind in everything. I mean everything. But I was able to read this book (and far too few others) and write a (hopefully coherent) review.


Heroine: Annabelle-I liked her. I really did. She had a bit of the Anne Shirley complex. She chattered about constantly. It could get annoying on a far less charming character but she was oh so charming.

Hero: Matthew-I loved Matthew. He was dour, serious and kind of the straight man in the story. And I loved that. My favorite male literary character is Severus Snape so of course I like the more serious characters. I just loved him.

Chemistry-I don’t think there could possibly be two more different characters on the planet than Annabelle and Matthew. Almost to the point that you wonder how these two people could possibly get along or fall in love. But they are perfect together in that whole “complete opposite” kind of way.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: I really love novellas when I am not feeling at my best because my attention span goes out the window but I think I would have loved this one even if I was at my normal speed because Megan Frampton is awesome in a big way. And Annabelle and Matthew were just wonderful.

Overall Rating

Author Info
Megan Frampton writes historical romance under her own name and romantic women’s fiction as Megan Caldwell. She likes the color black, gin, dark-haired British men, and huge earrings, not in that order. She lives in Brooklyn, NY, with her husband and son.

Author Links:  Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio