Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, March 13, 2015

Review: Back in the Game by Lori Wilde

Back in the Game (Stardust, Texas, #1)Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 0062311263
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Sports
Buy this Book: Amazon | Barnes | ITunes
Kobo | Publisher

Summary:

New York Times bestselling author Lori Wilde welcomes you to Stardust, Texas . . . where dreams come true and love is always right around the corner

Wanted: ghostwriter. Must be female, a baseball fan, and have a great pair of legs.

Ex-pitcher Rowdy Blanton never saw a woman he couldn't conquer or a team he couldn't beat. And now that he's off the field he's ready to tell all about when he played the field. So he chooses Breeanne Carlyle to do the job-she's got the requirements, but more important, there's something about her that makes him want to be a better man.

Convinced there's more to Rowdy than a good fastball, a wicked smile, and a tight pair of pants, Breeanne can't help but be tempted. After all, it's boring always being the good girl, and Rowdy dares her to be just a little bad. The stakes are high, but win or lose, this time Breeanne's breaking all the rules playing the game of love.

My Review:

Intro: I spent the morning in the vet’s office. Rambo got into a chocolate stash. In a closet. On a shelf. Up high. I don’t even know how. But I was worried. Because I love him. A lot. So we took him to the vet. He’s fine and I am apparently a basketcase. I also ended up with a touch of food poisoning so there was that. So this review was a bit delayed. But, even delayed, I did love this book. There are some authors that you love but you sometimes forget that you love. Lori Wilde is one of them for me but I promise to remember this time.

Characters:

Heroine: Breeanne-For some reason I have been reading so many books where the heroine had an unrequited crush on the hero. Is the universe trying to tell me something? I did love Breeanne. She was so likeable and just so normal. She was so refreshing because I am still reading Mary Balogh’s early regencies and they tend toward the not so normal.

Hero: Rowdy-This is the third book I picked up this month with a hero named Rowdy. Kind of strange. But I really did like this Rowdy. He was such a gentleman with Breeanne and accepted her for who she was.

Chemistry: Rowdy and Breeanne were the sweetest…and I do mean that. Breeanne had a crush on Rowdy when she was a teenager—another reoccurring theme in my recent reads—but he never pushed that advantage with her. He was so sweet and kind to her and Breeanne was a loveable dork that I think I could be friends with.

Chemistry Rating:


Conclusion: I absolutely loved this book. Rowdy and Breeanne were such real and engaging characters. Their story was so sweet and I loved how realistically it progressed. I will definitely be reading more of Lori Wilde’s books—and remembering how much I love her books for the next time. 
Overall Rating


Author Info
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Lori Wilde has sold seventy-eight works of fiction to four major New York Publishing houses.
Her first NYT bestseller, the third book in her Twilight, Texas series, The First Love Cookie Club has been optioned for a television movie. The town of Granbury, Texas, upon which her fictional town of Twilight, Texas is loosely based, honors Lori with an annual Twilight, Texas weekend each Christmas.
A popular writing instructor, Lori is a two time RITA finalist and has four times been nominated for Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award. She's won the Colorado Award of Excellence, the Wisconsin Write Touch Award, The Golden Quill, the Lories, and The More than Magic.

Author Links:  Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest  | Goodreads

a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting BACK IN THE GAME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, your review has caused me to revisit BACK IN THE GAME. ! It truly is a fantastic book ! I'm looking forward to Lori's next book in the series: Rules of the Game, #2 Stardust, Texas. I am going to check out your website now . thx sharing and hosting.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio