Search Me!


Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Review: The Elusive Lord Everhart by Vivienne Lorret

The Elusive Lord Everhart (The Rakes of Fallow Hall, #1)Publisher: Avon Impulse
ISBN: 0062380508
Pages: 336 pages
Buy this Book:Amazon | B&N iBooks |
 Kobo | Publisher


Gabriel Ludlow, Viscount Everhart will never marry, and thus is sure to win the bachelor’s wager against his friends. Assuming, of course, that his deepest secret—a certain letter containing a marriage proposal made in a moment of passion—doesn’t surface. After all, without Calliope Croft to tempt him, there’s no danger in losing. Or in falling in love.

Calliope wants revenge. Five years ago, an anonymous love letter stole her heart and ultimately broke it. Now, Casanova has struck again, and Calliope vows to unmask the scoundrel, stopping him from breaking any more hearts. Yet, time and again, Gabriel distracts her from her task, until she can no longer deny that something about him calls to her...

Gabriel was a fool to deny the depth of his feelings for Calliope, but the threat that kept him from her five years ago remains. Now, he must choose between two paths: break her heart all over again or finally succumb to loving the risk of losing everything.

My Review:

Intro: I’ve been fangirling many new authors lately and Vivienne Lorret is one of them. I have loved every single book that I have read of hers.


Heroine: Calliope-I really loved Calliope. First of all, her name was awesome. Names are really important to me in my reading for some reason. A badly named hero or heroine can take me right out of a book. But what I really loved about Calliope was how strong she was. She never let anything bring her down. That was so refreshing.

Hero: Gabriel-It took me a while to like Gabriel. He started off as a sort of scampish type of hero. Not taking anything seriously and being sort of flippant. But that was really masking a really sensitive and sweet hero. He was a surprise for me and I absolutely loved him.

Chemistry: I absolutely loved Calliope and Gabriel together. They were so sweet and had an interesting but really well-paced progression to their story. They also had a sweetness to them that I really wasn’t expecting.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion-My list of authors who cannot disappoint me is growing and Vivienne Lorret is definitely on it. I love how she develops her books with just the right amount of angst and sweetness. I definitely cannot wait to read more of her books. 

Overall Rating

Author Info

USA Today bestselling author VIVIENNE LORRET loves romance novels, her pink laptop, her husband, and her two sons (not necessarily in that order ... but there are days). Transforming copious amounts of tea into words, she is proud to be an Avon Impulse author of works including: “Tempting Mr. Weatherstone”, The Wallflower Wedding Series, and the Rakes of Fallow Hall series.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter |Goodreads

a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio