Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Review: The Devilish Mr. Danvers by Vivienne Lorret

The Devilish Mr. Danvers (The Rakes of Fallow Hall, #2)Publisher: Avon Impulse
Pages: 194 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical
Buy this Book: Amazon | B & N | iTunes
Kobo | Publisher

Summary:

For the first time in her life, Hedley Sinclair holds the keys to her own future. She’s inherited the crumbling Greyson Park, but the disrepair does nothing to dissuade her. No one will ever lock her up again or attempt to take away what’s hers. No one except Rafe Danvers—the charming, fiendish man from Fallow Hall. He’s determined to claim Greyson Park, but if Hedley isn’t careful, he’ll claim her heart as well.

Rafe has every intention of ridding Greyson Park of the conniving Sinclairs, once and for all. The last thing he expects is to find the beguiling Hedley Sinclair—the younger sister of his former fiancĂ©e—standing in his way. With drastic measures called for, he plans to marry her off in order to regain control of the estate. The only trouble is, he can’t seem to stop seducing her. Even worse, he can’t help falling in love with her.

My Review:

Intro: I am still not out of my reading slump. It’s better. Meaning I finished a book in a reasonable amount of time and it wasn’t like pulling teeth with a wrench. Was it a book I enjoyed? Not really. But still…baby steps. The Devilish Mr. Danvers however is a complete exception to my reading slump. This one was the brief respite from the sad lack of good books I have been reading lately. But I have loved all of Vivienne Lorret’s books so it should be no surprise.

Characters:

Heroine: Hedley-Hedley was one amazing heroine. She was one of the ones that tug at your heartstrings and make you want to protect her. Her story was truly heartwrenching. Her family was terrible and I wanted them to get what was coming to them. I love how you see Hedley coming into her own throughout the book.

Hero: Rafe-First of all, his name is Rafe. I have a serious weakness for that name. A serious one. I loved him as well. He was abandoned by Hedley’s sister at the altar and now hates her family understandably. I loved watching him let go of that. He really was an excellent hero.

Chemistry: I really loved Rafe and Hedley together. They were sweet but still had that edge of angst to them. They were both sort of damaged and I loved watching them heal together. They were just perfect.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: The Devilish Mr. Danvers was such a nice break of Great Book before I went back to the world of Blah Books. I loved this one. The writing was excellent, the characters were amazing and I was emotionally invested in the story. I am going to count this one as a victory and officially add Vivienne Lorret to my list of favorite authors.


Overall Rating


Author Info

USA Today bestselling author VIVIENNE LORRET loves romance novels, her pink laptop, her husband, and her two sons (not necessarily in that order ... but there are days). Transforming copious amounts of tea into words, she is proud to be an Avon Impulse author of works including: “Tempting Mr. Weatherstone”, The Wallflower Wedding Series, and the Rakes of Fallow Hall series.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter |Goodreads

a Rafflecopter giveaway


1 comment:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio