Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Review: The Duke and the Lady in Red by Lorraine Heath

The Duke and the Lady in Red (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #3)Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 0062276263
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical
Buy this Book: Amazon | B & N | iTunes | 
Kobo | Publisher

Summary:

Sparks fly in the finale of the Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James Place series, as the last wicked rogue meets his match.

When Rosalind Sharpe gains the attention of the deliciously wicked Duke of Avendale, she’s torn between her distracting attraction to the notorious rogue and the knowledge that he—rich as Croesus—is the perfect target for a deception that will put her swindling days behind her.

However, Avendale is no fool. After he discovers the tantalizing lady packing up to leave London with his coins in tow, he confronts her with a scandalous proposition: she can have all the money she requires…for a week in his bed.

Desperate for the funds, Rose agrees, but on one condition: he must never question her motives. Avendale quickly sees beneath her mask and discovers she is more than passion and pleasure—she is everything he has ever desired. But claiming her requires he unveil her secrets and lose her forever. Unless he can put his own dark past aside and risk everything for a chance at love.


My Review:

Intro: I haven’t been around much lately. I’ve been in a reading slump. A big one. I’ve started like twelve books, finished one of them and liked none of them. I’ve just been extra grumpy with my books lately. I read this one before the slump started and I have a sneaky suspicion that this book may be the reason for the slump. It was so good that I expected every book after it to be just as good and when they weren’t…immediate book slump.

Characters:

Heroine: Rosalind-I loved her from the very beginning. She is one of those heroines that I will remember long after I have posted this review. She was such a complex and interesting heroine. She was very sweet and kind yet sort of sly and rough around the edges. There was also a pretty huge shocker about her and why she does what she does. And you’ll be shocked. I was shocked.

Hero: Avendale-He was also a bit rough around the edges. But I still loved him. He presents himself as a rake and a bit of a scamp but he’s so much more than that. He’s a very good and loyal man. He was much more than I expected him to be when we first meet him.

Chemistry: I learned very quickly with this book that Rosalind and Avendale are two characters that you have to take your time with. It takes time to get to know them and get past their guards—even as readers. They both are so much more than your initial impressions of them. And so is their romance. They have such a deep connection. They both have so many layers and guards up that it is interesting to watch them work through that.

Chemistry Rating:


Conclusion: I loved this book so much. I mean, it’s Lorraine Heath. I should have expected it to be amazing. But I loved it so much I am considering a reread now to maybe bust up my slump. Maybe I will do a backlist read of all of Lorraine Heath’s books. 
Overall Rating


Author Info

LORRAINE HEATH always dreamed of being a writer. After graduating from the University of Texas, she wrote training manuals and computer code, but something was always missing. After reading a romance novel, she not only became hooked on the genre, but quickly realized what her writing lacked: rebels, scoundrels, and rogues. She’s been writing about them ever since. Her work has been recognized with numerous industry awards, including RWA’s RITA® and a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award. Her novels have appeared on the USA Today and New York Times best-seller lists.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

a Rafflecopter giveaway


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting THE DUKE AND THE LADY IN RED!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fitting that this latest release by Lorraine should be reviewed by Books Like Breathing because that is how I feel when I'm reading one of Lorraine's romances. They are stories that breathe life into me and I love them. :-) Thanks for the post. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio