Search Me!


Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Review: Ever After at Sweetheart Ranch by Emma Cane

Ever After at Sweetheart Ranch (Valentine Valley, #6)Publisher: Avon
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Buy this Book: Amazon | B & N |
 iTunes | Kobo 


The only thing hotter than a cowboy...

Math teacher Lyndsay De Luca never surprised anyone-least of all herself-until this summer. First, she secretly published her debut romance novel. Then she started dating Will Sweet, the cowboy of her dreams. And now Lyndsay’s scrambling to hide the juiciest tidbit of all: that the hazel-eyed hero of her steamy fiction is the same guy whose kisses have become her mind-blowing reality.

Is a cowboy in love.

Ever since Will’s high school sweetheart died in a tragic accident, he hasn’t been able to commit to a long-term relationship. Lyndsay is the first woman in years who’s been able to catch-and keep-his attention. She’s fascinated by his work at Sweetheart Ranch, and a glance from her gorgeous brown eyes sends Will’s thoughts wandering. Will she be the one to finally break down the walls around his guarded heart?

My Review:

Intro: I’ve been a bit sick and brain muddled so please excuse me if this review is a bit choppy. It’s very rare that I love a contemporary romance but this one had me from the first chapter. I loved it. I loved everything about it. I bought my mother a copy before I bought one for myself because she LOVES this type of romance.


Heroine:  Lyndsay-Lyndsay was the type of heroine I love to find. She’s completely relatable but completely unique. She was sweet, smart and kind. She was a very positive sort of heroine which I don’t normally like but I found her very refreshing.

Hero: Will-Oh my dear. He is the reason why I bought this book for my mother. She loves heroes like Will…and apparently so do I. He was sweet and kind but also very strong and fun. He did have a bit of that broken-ness to him because of a tragedy in his past.

Chemistry: Lyndsay and Will were amazing together. Their connection was so strong. And not in that super-angsty sort of way. They were quiety and more real. There was a depth to their story that I really loved.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: I haven’t read much by Emma Cane but I think I want to. I’ve already requested the previous books in the series from the library and I can’t wait to marathon read them. I absolutely loved this book. I loved the small town feel, the chemistry between Lyndsay and Will and Emma Cane’s writing style. 
Overall Rating

Author Info
Emma Cane grew up reading and soon discovered that she liked to write passionate stories of teenagers in space. Her love of “passionate stories” has never gone away, although today she concentrates on the heartwarming characters of Valentine, her fictional small town in the Colorado Rockies.
Now that her three children are grown, Emma loves spending time crocheting and singing (although not necessarily at the same time), and hiking and snowshoeing alongside her husband Jim and two rambunctious dogs Apollo and Uma.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
a Rafflecopter giveaway


  1. Wow, what a great review! Thanks so much! Hope your mom likes it. ;)

  2. Thank you for hosting EVER AFTER!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio