Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Review: A Good Rogue is Hard to Find by Kelly Bowen

A Good Rogue is Hard to Find (The Lords of Worth, #2)Publisher: Forever
ISBN: 1455583839
 Pages: 358 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical
Buy this Book: Amazon | B & N | iTunes | 
Kobo | Publisher

Summary:

HE THOUGHT HE'D SEEN IT ALL . . .

The rogue's life has been good to William Somerhall: He has his fortune, his racehorses, and his freedom. Then he moves in with his mother. It seems the eccentric Dowager Duchess of Worth has been barely skirting social disaster-assisted by one Miss Jenna Hughes, who is far too bright and beautiful to be wasting her youth as a paid companion. Now home to keep his mother from ruin, William intends to learn what's afoot by keeping his friends close - and the tempting Miss Hughes closer still. . . .

UNTIL HE MEETS HER

He's tall, dark, and damnably intelligent - unfortunately for Jenna. She and the duchess are in the "redistribution business," taking from the rich and giving to the poor, and it's going great - until he shows up. But even as William plots to make an honest woman out of her, Jenna will use all her wiles to reveal just how bad a rogue he can be . . .


My Review:

Intro: I haven’t been reading much lately. I have been so busy and a bit book burned out. But I did manage to finish this one and I really liked it quite a bit. Enough so that I got the previous book out of the library.

Characters:

Heroine: Jenna-I really liked Jenna. She was feisty and intelligent. I loved how realistic she was. She wasn’t super-human and she wasn’t meek. She was the middle road which seems the most real to me. I found her to be quite refreshing. I also loved the relationship Jenna had with William’s mother. It was lovely to see a heroine form a close relationship with a hero’s mother.

Hero: William-I did not find him to be very rogueish but I liked him nonetheless. He was definitely a unique hero. He was both jaded with and completely unaware of his privilege.  He didn’t fit into any romance hero box I tried to put him in. He’s not a rake or a rogue and he’s privileged but he’s bored with it and he’s not a brooder. He defied explanation.

Chemistry: Jenna and William were adorable. I tend to lean towards angst in my preferences but I could not resist these two.  They were sweeter and more light-hearted than I normally prefer but I did like them quite a bit.

Chemistry Rating:


Conclusion: I really enjoyed this book. Definitely enough that I want (need) to read more of Kelly Bowen’s books. I loved the lighter feel of the book even though it was tacking some heavy issues. I sometimes tend to drown myself in angsty books so this was a nice break from that.

Overall Rating


Author Info
Kelly Bowen grew up in Manitoba, Canada. She worked her way through her teenage years as a back country trail guide and ranch hand. She attended the University of Manitoba and earned a Master of Science degree in veterinary physiology and endocrinology.
But it was Kelly's infatuation with history and a weakness for a good love story that led her down the path of historical romance. When she is not writing, she seizes every opportunity to explore ruins and battlefields.
Currently, Kelly lives in Winnipeg with her husband and two boys, all of whom are wonderfully patient with the writing process. Except, that is, when they need a goalie for street hockey.


Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads




a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hosting A GOOD ROGUE IS HARD TO FIND!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio