Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Review: The Lady Hellion by Joanna Shupe

The Lady Hellion (Wicked Deceptions, #3)Publisher: Zebra
ISBN: 1420135562
Pages: 338 p
Genre: Romance/Historical
Buy this Book: Amazon | B & N | iTunes |
 Kobo | Publisher

Summary:

A Marquess’ daughter, Lady Sophia Barnes doesn’t take no for an answer. Especially when she’s roaming London’s seedy underground…dressed as a man.

A rabble rouser for justice, Sophie’s latest mission is to fight for the rights of the poor, the wretched—and the employees at Madame Hartley’s brothel. She’s not concerned about the criminals who will cross her path, for Sophie has mastered the art of deception—including the art of wearing trousers. Now her fate is in her own hands, along with a loaded gun. All she needs is instruction on how to shoot it. But only one person can help her: Lord Quint, the man who broke her heart years ago. The man she won’t let destroy her again…

The last thing Damien Beecham, Viscount Quint, needs is an intrusion on his privacy, especially from the beautiful, exasperating woman he’s never stopped wanting. A woman with a perilously absurd request, no less! For Damien is fighting a battle of his own, one he wishes to keep hidden—along with his feelings for Lady Sophia. Yet that fight is as hopeless as stopping her outlandish plan. Soon all Quint knows for certain is that he will die trying to protect her…

My Review:

Intro: My internet has been complete crap lately. I mean, my Time Warner connection has been near late 90’s AOL speeds and it’s driving me insane. So if this review pops up a little late, it’s because my internet is making me cry in a secluded corner…or I am yelling at my cable company. Either one.

Characters:
Heroine: Sophia-I liked Sophia. I did have a bit of trouble connecting to her storyline. I never find the girl dressed as a boy storyline very believable even it is done well. And even though this was done really well, the storyline is still not one of my favorites.

Hero: Damien-I loved Damien so much. He was a different sort of hero for me. I have been reading so many alpha heroes lately and it was nice to find more of a vulnerable hero with really complicated issues of his own.

Chemistry: I loved Sophia and Damien together. They were perfect. Damien was a more vulnerable hero while Sophia was more of a stronger personality. They balanced each other out in the best way.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: Aside from not really liking the heroine dressed as a man plot, I really did like this book. I loved the storyline and I really liked Sophia. But what kept me interested was definitely Damien. He was one amazing and complex hero.

Overall Rating


Author Info
Award-winning author JOANNA SHUPE has always loved history, ever since she saw her first Schoolhouse Rock cartoon. While in college, Joanna read every romance she could get her hands on and soon started crafting her own racy historical novels. She now lives in New Jersey with her two spirited daughters and dashing husband.

Author Links:  Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads


a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio