Search Me!


Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review: The Highlander's Choice by Callie Hutton

The Highlander's Choice (Marriage Mart Mayhem, #5)Publisher: Entangled
Pages: 195 p
Genre: Romance/Historical/Highlander
Buy this Book: Amazon | B&N | 
iBooks | Kobo


The Scottish Highlands, 1815

Lady Sybil Lacey is every inch an English woman. She's horrified her best friend is wedding a barbarian Scot. For aren't Scots naught but brutish, whiskey-swilling lechers? So to find herself secretly attracted to the tall and devastatingly handsome Scottish laird of Bedlay Castle is quite disconcerting...

Liam MacBride is convinced that English ladies are silly sassenachs who think of nothing but social events and clothes. So why is he intensely drawn to Lady Sybil? All they do is quarrel...until loathing turns into undeniable lust.

A tempestuous, fiery romance between an English lady and a Scottish laird cannot end well.

My Review:

Intro:   I don’t do well without the internet. As I was typing this review out, my internet connection died and did not come back. I am currently trying not to panic. On the plus side, I did get to proofread this review multiple times so that is an improvement. I did love The Highlander’s Choice. I haven’t read the rest of the series but I really do want to.


Heroine: Sybil-I really did like her. She did have her opinions and she was pretty set in them but I loved watching her grow, mature and change. I did want her to really let Liam’s mother have it because his mother was terrible. Terrible as in evil and needed some really harsh comeuppance.

Hero: Liam-I really loved Liam as well. He was one of those alpha Highlander heroes that I love so very much. I did wish that he put his foot down with his mother earlier. And why would he even think of leaving Sybil home alone with that termagant.   

Chemistry: I really loved Liam and Sybil together. They had amazing chemistry and I love that the conflict in their relationship is not really between them but between their backgrounds. It was definitely a journey for them to begin to understand each other.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: I definitely need to read the rest of this series because I loved this one. I loved that the conflict in the book was so centered on the conflict between the English and the Scottish. It was done so well. This is another series that I will become obsessed with—and I really did not need another. 

Overall Rating

Author Info
The USA Today bestselling author of The Elusive Wife, Callie Hutton, writes both Western Historical and Regency romance, with historic elements and sensory details (The Romance Reviews). She also pens an occasional contemporary or two. Callie lives in Oklahoma with several rescue dogs, two adult children, and daughter-in-law (thankfully all not in the same house), and her top cheerleader husband of thirty-eight years. She also currently waits with bated breath for the birth of twin grandsons. Callie loves to hear from readers, and would welcome you as a friend on Facebook.

Author Links:  Website | Facebook | Twitter | GoodReads

a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio