Search Me!


Thursday, July 9, 2015

Review: How to Marry a Royal Highlander by Vanessa Kelly

How to Marry a Royal Highlander (The Renegade Royals, #4)Publisher: Zebra
ISBN: 1420131281
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical
Buy this Book: Amazon | B & N iTunes 
Kobo | Publisher


Illegitimate yet thoroughly irresistible, the Renegade Royals are leaving behind their careers as daring spies for the greatest adventure of all…

At sixteen, Alasdair Gilbride, heir to a Scottish earldom, fled the Highlands and an arranged betrothal. Ten years later, Alasdair must travel home to face his responsibilities. It’s a task that would be much easier without the distracting presence of the most enticing woman he’s ever met…

After one escapade too many, Eden Whitney has been snubbed by the ton. The solution: rusticating in the Scottish wilderness, miles from all temptation. Except, of course, for brawny, charming Alasdair. The man is so exasperating she’d likely kill him before they reach the border—if someone else weren’t trying to do just that. Now Eden and Alasdair are plunging into a scandalous affair with his life and her reputation at stake—and their hearts already irreparably lost…

My Review:

Intro: I’ve been away from the blog lately. I took an impromptu vacation—not really necessary but so useful. I have also been in a reading slump to end all reading slumps. But I did love this one. I have been looking forward to Alec and Eden’s story and it lived up to my expectations.


Heroine: Eden-I really liked Eden. She was so relatable. She wavered in between being completely confident and so very shy. I relate to that in a completely frightening kind of way. I really did think that I was going to have trouble liking her but I didn’t…she was awesome.

Hero: Alec-I was a bit “meh” about Alec. Sure he was a rake and, of course, quite charming but I didn’t really make a connection to him. I did like him but I didn’t quite connect to him as much as I would have liked to.

Chemistry: Now this is where I did make a connection to Alec. Sometimes, I just don’t really connect to a character individually as much as I do with them paired up. Alec and Eden had such a great chemistry. They bickered and clashed and they were the perfect type of opposites attract chemistry. This is where the book really came alive for me.

Chemistry Rating:

Conclusion: I really did enjoy this one. I have been waiting for Alec and Eden’s book and I ended up loving it. The chemistry between Alec and Eden really won me over. I seem to have a penchant towards romance novel couples who bicker quite a lot.

Overall Rating

Author Info
Vanessa Kelly is an award-winning author who was named by Booklist, the review journal of the American Library Association, as one of the “New Stars of Historical Romance.” Her Regency-set historical romances have been nominated for awards in a number of contests, and her second book, Sex and The Single Earl, won the prestigious Maggie Medallion for Best Historical Romance. Her current series, The Renegade Royals is a national bestseller. Vanessa also writes USA Today bestselling contemporary romance with her husband, under the pen name of VK Sykes.

Author Links: Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter Goodreads

a Rafflecopter giveaway


  1. The chemistry between these two was pretty fun right? I just loved this book, every book I have read from this author so far has been pretty fantastic and easy to get into. The humorous bantering was my favorite, they could play and have fun with one another made it seem more real.

  2. Thank you for hosting HOW TO MARRY A ROYAL HIGHLANDER!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio